Saturday, November 23, 2013

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS ARE RIDICULOUSLY OVERPRICED RAIN BOOTS :)

My mom called me the other day and here's how it went:

Kayla... "Hello"
Mom...  "Hi, what are you doing?"
Kayla... "I'm at Target"
Mom...  "You are ALWAYS shopping"

Why yes...yes I am.  It is what I do best. FYI- the last two times my mom has called me, over the last two days, BOTH times I have been out shopping. I love shopping, you should love shopping too.

I absolutely ADORE the holiday season. I thought this blog might be nice to showcase where I shop for Christmas gifts...because if you are anything like me, you are probably panicking that we have ONE MONTH left to shop!  So here's how it goes in my household...

 
In past years, I 've always set a budget. I would write out who I needed to shop for and what I needed to get for that person and how much I was planning to spend. I would start my shopping right after Summer and found that spacing it over several months helped me avoid the "financial ouch" that the holidays always bring.  If you are on a tight budget, start shopping early.

In the most recent years, I began my shopping in November, which totally stresses me out, but I've been busy, so this is just how it goes. My FAVORITE stores for Christmas shopping are:

  • Marshalls
  • Kohls
  • Target
  • Pier One
  • Home Goods
  • Online Stores
You will notice that I don't have Wal-Mart on this list.  People...don't go to Wal-Mart when it's almost Christmas...just don't.  I absolutely hate crowds.  So you will NOT find this girl anywhere near a store on Black Friday...nor will you find me near a Wal-Mart, case closed. 

You will also notice that I left "Ross" off this list.  If you know me, you know I typically enjoy a Dress For Less shopping spree.  However, two weeks ago (the VERY beginning of November) I walked into our lovely Oro Valley Ross and there were people EVERYWHERE and their shelves looked like an unorganized yard sale.  Ain't nobody got time for that.  I walked ran out of there. So this year, I have been going about twice a week to some of my favorite stores to gather some presents for some of my favorite people.

For the MEN in my life, I usually go for the following:



 
A nice sweater or long-sleeved shirt. 
ALL of the men in my life refuse to shop for themselves, so the women in their life do it for them :)
 
I stick to name-brands (Calvin Klein, Polo, Michael Kors...quality, timeless pieces, you get it) and I usually pick these up at Marshalls. I mean you can get a $50+ Calvin Klein shirt for $30 (I know this because I just bought seven two).  AND if my brother or my husband knew these shirts were $30, they would probably say something stupid like "you know you can buy a t-shirt at Wal-Mart for $5" STOPPP.  We do not buy t-shirts at Wal-Mart for $5 as Christmas Gifts. Repeat after me: we do not, we do not, we do not.
 
Sometimes I also buy them these...


 
Because for whatever reason, men love these gadgets.
But when in doubt and when men are so difficult to shop for...go for these...




And then enjoy watching these men take 14 years to finally spend their gift card. 
Bless their sweet little hearts :)
 
...
 
So for the lovely LADIES in my life, shopping is easy. I usually buy everyone a candle, because I love candles and I feel like everyone else should love candles too.

 
I really love the one below from Kohls (because it's usually on sale around the holidays for about $5, which is a fabulous deal!!)

They always smell so pretty and they burn forever. 
I would know, because I have like 14 (times five) candles in my house.
I think these fabulous boots would be a wonderful Christmas present...



They are Hunter Wellington's (AKA Wellie's).  I heard they are nothing short of amazing.  I heard they are a little on the pricey side, but well worth it.  I heard that the dark purple ones are a very nice color. I also heard you can buy them online at Nordstrom.
 I am talking to you Max Manley.
 
I think anything girly is good for Christmas presents too.  Think nail polish, lip gloss, make-up, lotion, bubble bath stuff.  I am currently obsessed with Essie polish...


 
The ladies in my life often ask for home-decor or kitchen items.  Home Goods is my GO-TO for anything dealing with the home.  Have you been to Home Goods?  You NEED to go.
 
I also stop by this lovely little piece of paradise everytime I shop every Holiday season...
 



 
Ohh.Emm.GEE.
I love this store, it makes my heart SO happy.
And it's a great place to find nice gifts, you're welcome :)
 
And now for some fun pictures...I love Christmas...


Awwee :)
I think I was probably about 13 here
 

Christmas 2009

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas 2012

Christmas 2012
 
My goal this Christmas is to take more pictures.
Turkey Day is right around the corner and before you know it...Christmas will be here.  Enjoy!!
XOXO
 
 
 
 

1 comment: